Friday, May 8, 2009

Tips to Increase Your Chances to Get Pregnant

How does a couple increase their chances at getting pregnant? There are handful of books that writes on the subject. I gathered the common items from all my readings. Folic acid. Every book on trying to conceive encourages hoping to be mothers to take folic acid as soon as you have decided you would like to get pregnant. Doctors themselves would definitely prescribe the same. 

Folic acid reduces by up to 70% your chances to giving birth to a baby with neural tube defect. The ideal is to take folic acid two to three months before you actually conceive. The second thing to keep in mind is to keep the sexual act as if it was a chore. When a couple is consciously into the babymaking mode, it gives this kind of pressure to the both of them and makes the whole process mechanical and it usually causes stress which is a big no-no when you are TTC. 

Medical practitioners often encourage women to wash right after intercourse. This supposedly keeps the ladies from getting UTI. If you would like to up your chances in conceiving, give it five to ten minutes before you run to the washroom to increase the chances that the swimming sperm would get to target fertilized egg. The most important thing is know when your fertile period is and make love every other day. 

These are pretty much what every TTC books have. A word of advice though, make sure that you have seen your doctor and know if there are pre-existing fertility issues. This will help you know where you stand and get help when there is a need for it.

2 comments:

Claryssa said...

Finding the ovulation time is crucial thing for ttc couple. I am now using basal body temperature to find out my ovulation time. I have followed my cycle for the last two weeks and I think I can predict my time for the next cycle. Wish me luck!

Kelvin said...

Nice post. For those who have trouble in getting pregnant, then worry no more because I have found a great and effective ways that will help you conceive in just weeks, just follow the tips on tipstogetpregnant.co.uk