Monday, January 19, 2009

Enjoying My Workouts at Home

It is now more than one week that I am regularly doing my exercises. Having stopped playing badminton when I got pregnant with my son four years ago, this for me is a feat. Please don't get me wrong- badminton, or any other sport for that matter, is not prohibited to be done by pregnant women. It was just that I was advised by my doc to keep strenuous activities at bay towards the end of my first trimester.

It is just the neatest that I was able to get back to regularly doing at least 30 minute yoga and aerobic exercises this past week and I commit to do it faithfully, now that I am able to do it right from home. I tried going to the gym a few times, but that's not for me.

I attempted to do tae boxing last year, but stopped on the second try. I bought some belly dancing stuff as well, but it is stashed away somewhere, as well. Wii Fit is doing wonders to me and I am the happiest to feel so much better. I was sore the first couple of days but I feel so good now, I have no intention to stop working out. Especially now that I can do it right from home. Nintendo is not paying me a penny to promote this product. I really just strongly recomment Wii Fit to those who have got not much of an extra time to spend away from home. This is just the perfect one for me. I am currently working from home and soon to home school my son. I have no household help, except for the weekends when I get my cleaning lady over to do some general cleaning. But I basically do everything around the house. Thirty minutes is enough to put aside for my physical exercise. I love that I have my personal trainer to coach me through and I could switch trainers too at my whim. I never thought I would enjoy working out like I do now.

Meanwhile, I seriously have to purchase a decent yoga mat. My back cannot take my cold tiled floor anymore during those few yoga poses that I have unlocked. :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i started working out at home a lot more since i got my wii fit and before work. i have to admit i feel great in the morning and have gotten a boost of energy. i also need to get a mat, but in the meantime, a towel or two will do.