Monday, April 27, 2009

A Tip for Online Merchants

Another adventure I recently did over at my beauty blog was launch an online store. As a newbie to this kind of venture, I had to look into different possible ways that will make the purchase convenient for my buyers. As someone who has enjoyed the convenience of online shopping, I know what a good online shopping interface and what is not, when I see them. There were a few times I had to click that “x” button out of frustration of some online shops.

Regardless of how good your merchandise is, if you cannot provide a decent way for shoppers to purchase, it will be a real challenge to keep customers from coming back. One of the things that I hope to include in my online store is credit card processing. There are a few e-commerce software bundles that I have looked into, but none of them have won my interest aside from Merchant Acceptance. Their processing services are far more superior than the others I have checked out. They services also proves of a track record of helping increase sales for online merchants. I know I still have got a long way to go. As of late, I have gotten the partnership of an international cargo shipping company that is willing to come pick up my merchandise and have them shipped worldwide. The sweet thing about this is, their rates are very competitive and I do not have to leave home to make the shipping transaction.  

What I am not very satisfied of is the forms of payment that I offer my shoppers. I currently offer PayPal, G-Cash and bank deposits. PayPal is very convenient, if buyers have PayPal accounts, but for those who are not really internet savvy, they still would have to step out of the house to make that G-Cash transaction or deposit to the bank. Credit card processing should really be included very soon and I am going to really look into incorporating this to my online store very soon.

0 comments: