Saturday, February 14, 2009

Keeping the Oven Clean

For someone who bakes a lot like myself, the one thing that I don't like most about baking is the clean up. I wouldn't want to leave my oven with all those nasty splatters everywhere. But tell me, who enjoys stooping down to clean up the mess?

I have no choice but to do it. What I have learned is, I don't really have to fuss over those stuff. Like if anything is spilled on the oven floor, what I do is just soak up the spill with a wet sponge or paper towels. Let it cool and dry, then more often than not it scrapes off easily with a single edge razor blade set in a holder. This has to be done carefully to not dent the oven surface.

Oven racks can also be cleaned by soaking them in an ammonia and hot water solution. The oven frame is practically self cleaning, so all I have to do is wipe, including the part of the door liner that is outside the oven seal.

0 comments: