Friday, October 3, 2008

What to Do When Mobile Accidentally Gets Wet

I would say that the one thing that worked for me on both my mobile and digital camera was treat it at once under a hair blower on high.  But here is another tip that can actually save the day.  You can do this to any electronic device that got wet.  

Power off the device completely. Take off the battery and bury both the main item and the battery in a bowl of uncooked rice for a full 24 hours.  Rice is a natural dessicant and will help absorb excess moisture from the device.  

5 comments:

Deanna Caswell said...

So, will this work when the kid dunks it in beer?

Anonymous said...

hi. found your blog through exactrank.

wow, this is such a nice trick! i wonder how it would work if i had my whole system unit accidently wet. ^_^

id surely try this on my mobile. great post!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea - wish I'd read this before we went on vacation in July and my husband jumped in a lake with his cell in his cargo pocket! We'll save this idea for next time - and trust me, there WILL be a next time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this tip. My three year old has a bad habit of throwing my cell phone into my glass of soda or trying to make it float in the bathroom sink. So this will save me the money of having to go and buy a new one. I am definately going to try this next time. Thanks again for the tip.

Martha Hughes said...

Wow! I could have used this tip a few years ago when my husband took a dunk in a kayak and had his brand new cell phone with him.

I wasn't very happy that we had to buy him a replacement for his new phone.