Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Maximizing Space

We live in a 48sqm. home, with two bedrooms and a t/b with a tub, a laundry area. I could honestly say, that the hubby made a great job at designing our home’s layout. It doesn’t look too tiny, at least for me. We still have huge closets to house our linens and stuff that need to get stored. But that’s about it.

When you have a tiny home like we do, maximizing is essential. One of the things that we have to make sure is maximize the space that we have. There is definitely no room for clutter. The first things that had to go early this year were the electric stand fans in each of the rooms. We replace both with wall fans. We really could use the extra space and it actually makes the rooms neater. One that could also help is installing a TV wall mount. An LCD TV that is also wall mounted can save space that a bulky TV rack occupies.

An old phrase can actually say it all, “Less is more.” If there are extra furnishings that you do not actually need, then do not hesitate to give it away. It will later prove beneficial. White elephants around the house just gather dirt and dust.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less is more is what I live by. I can't think clearly around clutter.

James said...

Only getting LCD TV mounts is not as easy as getting a table to keep television. Your LCD television requires a proper installation of the LCD wall brackets onto the wall. It is advisable to get someone experienced to install the LCD wall brackets for you so that the installation is proper.

Anonymous said...

I cannot see your entrecard. Please contact entrecard. I'd like to drop on your site.

Anonymous said...

When I was in college I had a roommate i the architecture school. One of her earliest assignments was to design a complete living space in a cube that must have been around about twelve feet by twelve feet, maybe a little more. It was fascinating to observe how she hid things in walls or suspended them from the ceiling to get in everything she needed.

Anonymous said...

We too have a small house with only 2 closets! Since my husband and I are neat freaks clutter has never been a problem but finding creative ways to have a neat and tidy home has almost been fun. We have no linen closet but I did have a blanket chest which I had formerly used for storing off-season items, it is now at the foot of the bed serving as a linen closet and a bench.

The dining area is minuscule, but I found a small sqaure dining table that opens to seat 6 - a total treasure.

We needed more kitchen cabinet space so clever me bought an unfinished kitchen cabinet, slapped some polyurethane on and it fits nicely under the counter-overhang, which was unused space.

You gotta think out-side the box.