Sunday, December 28, 2008

Potty Training Tip

As much as I wanted to do elimination communication with my little guy when he was still infant, I wasn't able to because of some complications with his reflux. His digestive system is now okay. But around that time during which he would throw up in a volatile manner every so often. I was too busy as a new mother so I had no choice but to delay training him to eliminate properly.

Toward my son's second birthday, there were a few signs that he was ready for potty training. One of which is he would keep his nappies dry several nights at a time. This is when I started sitting him down on the toilet first thing in the morning. This takes a lot of discpline. Imagine having to embrace the little guy as he sits on the toilet. The first couple of days were not successful. It was important to make him feel that it isn't a task. I even sat on a bean bag in front of the toilet even as we sang along with his favorite songs in my mobile.
It was less than a week when we were all rejoicing with success. :-)

0 comments: