Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trade Off System

This is something rather unpopular. When we buy things, this is especially true for shopaholics, there is a tendency to hoard without our knowing it. I have been especially made conscious about this when I watched on Oprah how some people develop to be "hoarders" over time.

A trade off system is what I figured would make sense and can be a very effective tool to combat this disorder called "hoarding." This is how it works, when you decide to buy anything for the house, make sure to give something away or discard those that you no longer use. Of course, first thing to consider is, that the things you discard or give away should belong to you.

We make sure to practice this right inside our home. When we are given the blessing to be able to buy new things, we put aside a thing or two to give away to bless others too. This is a practice that would help our souls not to attach ourselves to material things that we do not make use of to begin with. :d

2 comments:

Testuser said...

What a great suggestion! I think my mother is doing this as a lot of her stuff seems to be landing at my house lately (LOL). I guess that means I should find someone to pass the equivalent on to as well :\

ê¿ê

J. said...

Hi Margaret! It's a real neat suggestion eh?! I guess if we all pretty much do this, we will sure to eliminate much of the clutters around us. :-)